Thursday, February 16, 2006

Angie for Ohio

I recently stated at a meeting of the Wake County Young Democrats that if all the Ohioans living in North Carolina were still in the Buckeye State, John Kerry would be President of the United States right now. This statement was used to get a quick laugh out of individuals attending the meeting, but in reality it rings very true. I have met numerous Ohioans living in North Carolina and the vast majority of them are young (ages 21-35) and they are Democrats.

As an Ohioan by birth, I will always have a place in my heart for the state that taught me so much about life. As a young man, it was not uncommon for me to see men and women heading off to do an honest days work in a factory, office, or at a construction site. I was proud in telling my friends where my family members worked.

Unfortunately, Ohio is no longer the state it was when I was growing up. National trade policy, bad public policy choices by Republicans and Democrats, and the failure of both parties to deal with the changing economy have put Ohio in dire straits. Because of this, Ohio is losing its intellectual capacity at extremely high rates.

The situation in Ohio is very complex and is going to require new sollutions to fix the problems at hand. One individual who can offer new sollutions to Ohio's problems is Angie Byrne. Angie is bright, articulate, and passionate in her pursuit to make Ohio a better place to live.

I first met Angie two years ago at the Ohio 5th Congressional District Presidential Delegate meeting. I was serving as the coordinator for North Carolina Senator John Edwards and Angie was running to represent the Senator at the 2004 Democratic Convention. I realized when I met Angie that there was something special about her. I understand now that her talents are in helping the Buckeye State regain its rightful spot in national economics and education.

Angie is running for State Representative in western Ohio. She is staking out a moderate course towards policy, which should suit her district very well. The people of western Ohio will have a great representative in Angie Byrne. I urge them to elect Angie because she is committed to putting people in front of politics.

I wish my good friend Angie the best of luck in the coming political year and ask that my blog viewers do what they can to help her out. If you're from Ohio, send Angie a financial contribution. I will put a link to her newly created website below.

http://www.angieforohio.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home