Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday Night's Ready for the Weekend Post!!

It is finally here! Thursday night. As a college student this night was the one I looked forward to more than any other. As a late-20's grad student, I still love Thursday nights, but am reminded on Friday morning that I am no longer in my undergrad years shape!!!

This weekend promises to be busy, yet fun. Two hockey games, Larry the Cable Guy, and one Young Dems fiesta. Im looking forward to slinging a few beers, and throwing some back saying goodbye to this week and hello to the next.

What is usually a very slow time politically has been all but that. Much is being publicized in the media of North Carolina regarding scandals at the state legislature.

The Speaker of the House, Democrat Jim Black, is on the hot seat over his legislation for preferred constituencies, fund raising and lobbying deals. The more you read of these stories, the more it smells like the skunk I killed on the backroads of Johnston County Tuesday evening on my way home from Smithfield.

A few months back I dedicated a blog posting urging Democrats to take meaningful measures of reform against corruption in politics. Many people within the party have stayed mum on the Speaker issue waiting to see what transpires. I understand the need for caution, but I hope Democrats do not wait too long to ask Speaker Black to step down. Scandals spread through parties like a cancer, and I would hate to see Democrats in 2006 be punished for a lack of treatment of the Speaker's ailments.

Check back often for the latest on this developing story. Until then, be safe, have fun, and don't do anything stupid. Have a great weekend and I'll catch you on Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home