Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Carolina Wins the Stanley Cup


The night was like no other in my lifetime. Experiencing Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals is a memory I will take with me for the rest of my life. The fans were loud and appreciative of the sacrafices being played out on the ice at the RBC Center in Raleigh. This past hockey season, working as a bartender at the RBC Center, was wonderful and I already miss not having another game to look forward to.

Growing up in the Cleveland Media Market, I was raised a Cleveland Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers fan. The three teams combined have experienced heartbreaking losses (The Drive, The Fumble, Michael Jordan's last second shot, and Jose Mesa's blown save in the 1997 World Series) that still bring grown men to tears. I remember crying my eyes out as the Browns lost to the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship Game two years strait.

Having your team take you to the brink of victory was a norm of growing up a Cleveland professional sports team fan, and after the losing games 5 and 6, one I worried was happening again as a Carolina Hurricanes fan. However, it was meant to be for the Canes!

Thank you Canes for one hell of a season!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home