Monday, May 08, 2006

A Message to Democrats

Yesterday, I cautioned Democrats to remain focused on the task at hand in regards to the November elections. I worry that the party is feeling so optimistic about the sagging poll numbers dogging President Bush and the Republican Party that our candidates and party brass may lose focus and think that "change" alone will propel them to victory in 2006.

I am very encouraged about the way election 2006 is shaping up across the country. I feel the Democratic Party is in its best position since 1992.

Yet amongst the optimism, I still feel the party is missing the issue/message that can unify the public in support of Democratic candidates. I worry about the Republican Spin Machine and Karl Rove dusting off the playbook of 2002 and 2004 and once again allowing Republicans to prevail.

My challenge to Democrats at all campaign levels is to develop responses to every possible Republican attack and idea. We know what is coming, study 02 and 04! It's not going to change.

In the meantime, read the link below. I think it provides valuable insigt to our quest this year!

http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewWeb&articleId=11424

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home