Saturday, April 01, 2006

Whole "lotta party-switchin' going on"

A recent post to Carolina Demline sparked quite the response from all sides of the Democratic Party regarding the 41st State House race in the Tar Heel state. Let me say, I welcome the discussion posted to this blog. As a Democrat, I feel our biggest strength lies in our ability to field opinion across the political landscape by welcoming all people to the party.

That being said, I have no issue with Mr. Mintz joining the Democratic Party. In all honesty, I welcome a moderate voice to the party because I feel too often moderates are being pushed aside by entrenched special interests. However, I do not welcome a person who joins the party and immediately runs for office under the party banner without earning Democratic stripes.

I believe a person with the Republican credentials of Mr. Mintz has little credibility when switching parties and immediately declaring his candidacy for office as a Democrat. I do not care about his glossy pictures and well printed literature because I expect that from any serious political candidate. The issue I am more concerned with is his true feelings on the key issues that define our party. Mintz's track record of supporting right-wing political figures of the Tar Heel state worries me.

I know where Ty Harrell stands on each issue. I know he is true to his beliefs.

Mr. Mintz may be a die-hard Democrat. The problem is his actions speak louder than his words.

This era of party switching has affected the Demoratic Party in greater numbers than the Republican Party. I do not think it is a good practice to accept and worry about its implications on the future of politics.

http://www.blogfordemocracy.org/archives/2006/03/three_house_dem.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and well said....

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the problem. You say you know Ty, but don't know Chris. Then why would you sit there and speculate about someone you know nothing about. max does it too. Especially when you are wrong. All it does is hurt the party and hurt the person you are attacking. It is shameful really. Seems like you would expect less of that from a more moderate Democrat like yourself.

The whole Max thing is troubling. That guy must have issues. He's obsessed. It doesn't seem healthy.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it quite odd that you would criticize me for simply making public Mr Mintz's past. What is especially puzzling is that you would call it an attack. Since when is telling the truth an attack? I am sure that as one of his cronies you would rather it stay quiet......What is irresponsible and unhealthy is not exercising due diligence and thoroughly researching a candidates past. The fact is, he has a history of deceit.

I have been flooded with tips through the web site regarding many unsavory things in Mr Mintzs past and even present that call into question many of the things he says on his website but I refuse to publish them until I have concrete evidence in the form of public documents that directly relate to the issue of trust and integrity that he touts on his website.

Stay tuned because in a few days the issue of trust and integrity is going to be laid to rest.
Here are some clues……18 million dollars, a breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and a Violation of NC trade secrets protection act.

If you want to keep drinking the kool-aid go right ahead.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home