Monday, June 12, 2006

Land of Goldwater moving to the Center?

Reading The Washington Post today, I ran across an interesting article about one of my favorite Republicans. Despite his views on immigration, I find Congressman J.D. Hayworth to be a respectable gentleman with true convictions. I respect his beliefs and believe he and I would have a great discussion about the future of our country.

The article, which I link below, discusses the new politics that is forming in Hayworth's state of Arizona. The politics in Arizona are moving to the center, leaving once-safe conservatives like Hayworth vulnerable. I have argued on this blog the need for Democrats to present a centrist message to voters. This article provides validity to my calls for moderation in the party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/11/AR2006061100776.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home